Dessert Foodies in India Can Now Enjoy a Wider Variety of Imported Sweets from European and American OriginIndia is a colourful mixture of tradition, religion, and food. There are quite a few popular local deserts in the second most densely populated country in the world. Motichoor laddu, kheer, gulab jamun, sandesh, jalebi, gajar ka halwa, rasgulla, kaju barfi, ras malai, soan papdi, peda, and kulfi (Indian ice-cream) to name just a few. Although locals favour the taste of gram flour, ghee, butter, chenna, and sweet-syrop infiltrated dough, they do love imported sweets and candies of European and American origin as much. The local market is familiar with bulk candy wholesale brands, since some international chocolate companies like Lindt, Mars, and Ferrero have been distributing their packaged sweets in these parts of Asia for decades. However, the FMCG business niche in India is constantly expanding, which is why Contest Distribution would like to update the local wholesale candy distributors about the new opportunities for upgrading their packaged goods business.
7 Must-Try International Confectionery Brands That Are Enjoying a Great Success in IndiaWhen searching for premium-quality imported chocolate that is sold in supermarkets, convenience stores, confectionery shops, and other stores for imported FMCGs in India one can never miss the following 5 brands. They are the titans of the world confectionery industry and have proven that their fame is meritorious.
- Lindt is one of the most globally recognized confectionery companies, with a rich history in premium Swiss chocolate production and an impeccable reputation for its chocolate truffles, chocolate bars, and other sweets. It has been on the FMCG market since 1845 and will definitely keep its good positions in the chocolate distribution industry for many decades to come.
- Ferrero is the other veteran in premium chocolate export. The Italian multinational company Ferrero Group, established in 1946, is the second-biggest global producer of chocolate and confectionery. Wholesale chocolate suppliers in India have chosen to go for the brand not only because of the unparalleled taste of the Ferrero Rocher and Raffaelo bonbons, Nutella hazelnut spread, Kinder Schokobon, and Kinder Surprise eggs, but also because all of these brands have already built prestige and need no advertising on the local market.
- Mars Inc. is another confectionery company that locals are well familiar with thanks to the immaculate taste of bulk sweets like Snickers, Bounty, Twix, and M&Ms, Mars chocolate bars, as well as a few other halal-safe FMCG food brands that it produces. The company’s skyrocketing sales in India over the past few years are also due to the fact that the country hosts one of the corporation’s chocolate factories near Pune.
- The chewing gum and mints brand Wrigley, owned by Mars, holds the biggest gum production share worldwide and has also built a factory in Bangalore.
- Storck. The mother of family-friendly sweets brands like Merci, Toffifee, Knoppers, Werther’s, Nimm, and Mamba Stickpack. Storck offers a colourful blend of treats: from fancy-tasting premium chocolatiers to multicoloured and multishaped party gums. Wholesale chocolate distributors know well that these well-known products will draw extra customers to their business.
- Mondelez International, Inc. There’s hardly any place around the world where Oreo crunchy biscuits, Milka chocolates and sweet treats, the signature triangle chocolates of Toblerone, Cote d’Or confectionery, Belvita healthy sweet bakes, TUC salty biscuits, and Pringles potato chips are not sold in local supermarkets. These FMCGs of American origin have earned global fame, and their market share keeps growing.
- Lavazza. Any chocolate candy would be complete in the company of a fancy, freshly brewed Italian coffee with unparalleled aroma and flavour. Lavazza is a taste of luxury in a cup, highly appreciated by local bulk wholesale sweets suppliers in India. A leading cause of its popularity amongst Indian FMCG distributors and supermarket owners is its excellent brand reputation and the affordability of the wholesale prices of coffee pods, coffee caps, coffee beans, and ground coffee packs.
How to Breathe New Life into Your Confectionery Distribution Business in IndiaA piece of advicе from an experienced specialist in the international distribution of chocolate would be to always expand the variety of products offered. No matter how valued classic desserts are, people with a sweet tooth are always curious to try something new or taste an upgraded product of a brand that they are already familiar with. So if you are willing to keep our FMCG business at peak levels at all times, Contest Distribution can offer you a wide range of confectionery products that you may be interested in importing. We ship bulk buy sweets to Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal, as well as the India-administered union territories of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh.
In addition to our logistic services, we do offer repackaging to comply with the local regulations. Contest Distribution can also assist you by adding labels to imported goods when complementary information regarding some of the dietary laws locals abide by and some of the food ingredients that Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Jains abstain from is necessary. Give us a call, and we will give you all the details! Our English speaking logistics department team members are ready to handle any requests you may have regarding the confectionery product range that we distribute globally.